2022 TAFA Prospectus for International Students
A Brief Introduction
Founded in 1906, Tianjin Academy of Fine Arts (TAFA) was originated from Beiyang Women's Normal School by famous modern educator Fu Zengxiang,which has over 100 years history of education. Since the middle of last century, higher art education has been running for more than half a century. Tianjin Academy of Fine Arts was officially named as one of the eight independent fine arts colleges in China in 1980, which is a professional higher art college with complete disciplines and strong strength. It has an important position in the field of higher art education in China and is an innovative experimental area of national talent training model.
The school has Tianwei Road and Zhicheng Road campuses, covering an area of 109,700 square meters and a building area of 151,100 square meters. There are three first-level disciplines, namely fine arts, design and art theory. The Master of Fine Arts (MFA) is a professional degree authorization point, including two training fields: fine arts and art design. It has 18 undergraduate majors, 9 professional schools. There are 4,802 full-time students, including 3,918 undergraduates, 873 graduate students .
TAFA adheres to the motto “ Striving for Integrity and Artistry, Enhancing Learning and Practice”, which follows the law of high art education, and strives to cultivate high-quality artists and designers with solid foundation, rich humanity, art facility, active creativity, and both morality and talent.
Welcome students from all over the world to study at Tianjin Academy of Fine Arts!
(1) A non-Chinese citizen with a high school degree or above; in good and healthy mental and physical state and with no criminal record;
(2) A person whose one or both parents are Chinese citizens and have settled abroad and who has acquired foreign nationality at birth shall not have Chinese nationality; for China (Mainland), Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan residents applying for TAFA as international students after having emigrated abroad, TAFA implements the “Notice of Ministry of Education on Regulating Acceptance of Foreign Students by Higher Education” issued by Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China.
2. Educational System
Term of Study
High school degree or above
（5 years in Sculpture）
Junior college to undergraduates
Junior College degree in related specialties
Basic art skills
3. Course-instruction Method
Full-time teaching in Chinese.
4. Application Date
January 1st, 2022 — May 1st, 2022
6.Application Required Materials
(1) Application Form for International Students of TAFA.
(2) Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport and must be valid until April 1st , 2023 or later).
(3) Notarized diploma and transcript of highest level of education obtained. (Applicants expecting to graduate this academic year must submit an official document issued by the current school to prove the current student status and expected graduation date).
(4) Personal portfolio (E-copy).
(5) A personal statement including study and research plan, family economic status, personal awards and speciality (video within 2 minutes).
(6) Applicants should submit a HSK certificate (Level 4 or above). (No language certificate is required for Malaysian independent high school graduates).
(7) Recent passport photo with white background (E-copy).
(8) Letters of recommendation from two associate professors or above for post graduate applicants
(9) Certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the relevant local authority.
(10) Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the notarized certificate of the guardian in China.
(11) Chinese citizens who apply for TAFA as international students after immigrating abroad must also submit:
a. Certificate of naturalization;
b. Passport entry and exit records for the last 4 years or a two-year proof (at least) of residence abroad for the last four years (a full or longer period of nine months of residence abroad can be counted as one year as verified by entry and exit records).
7.Assessment and Admission
After evaluation of applicants’ application materials, TAFA will organize experts to select the qualified students.
The final admission results will be published on the official website of Tianjin Academy of Fine Arts. （/）
(1) Tuition fees: Postgraduate Students 30,000 RMB/person·year
Undergraduate Students 28,000 RMB/person·year
Students in Advanced Studies 3,000 RMB/person·month
(2) Textbook and material fees: students shall pay their own fees on painting materials and tools;
(3) Dormitory fee: 1,200 RMB/month (single room, private bathroom, public laundry, public kitchen, wireless Internet, etc. )
Note: In each academic year, students are required to purchase the Comprehensive Insurance in China. The coverage must include hospitalization, accident and injury insurance at a standard of 800 RMB per year.
9.Scholarships (degree students)
(1) Tianjin Municipal People’s Government Scholarship
1) Undergraduates: full scholarship 35,600 RMB
part scholarship 20,000 RMB (under the age of 30 )
2) Postgraduates: full scholarship 48,600 RMB
part scholarship 30,000 RMB (under the age of 35 )（2）TAFA International Student Scholarship
1) Full scholarship covers tuition fee, 10 months dormitory fee and comprehensive medical insurance fee.
2) Partial scholarship covers tuition fee and comprehensive medical insurance fee. (Undergraduates should be under the age of 30; Postgraduates should be under the age of 35).
10. Contact Information:
International Affairs Office, Tianjin Academy of Fine Arts
Address：No.4 Tianwei Road, Hebei District, Tianjin, 300141, P.R China
Tel /Fax： +86 22 26241505